In this article, we will tell you about a most amazing feature of Skype which is Skype Push to talk. Now everyone is crazy about online video communication because in video communication we can feel the presence of our closed ones and can see each other if someone is far away from us.
We can do video calling or communication by using WhatsApp or with other apps. If you are really searching for video communication app then you should definitely use Skype which is one the most popular apps for video calling. Along with video calling, you can also do communication through text messages or images.
There are many other advanced features that make our communication is perfect. So we have an advanced feature of Skype which is Push to talk on Skype.
What actually this feature?
Skype Push to talk is a feature that enables your device into a walkie-talkie whether your device is a mobile or a desktop. A walkie-talkie is a device that connects the people within a small circle. But Push to talk feature of Skype that connects the people from all over the world.
If you really want to use walkie-talkie but you are not using because of any reason then skype is giving you this feature. If you use Push to talk on Skype then you will have your own walkie-talkie without spending a single penny on it. You can make your own big walkie-talkie by enabling this feature.
In movies, you must have seen any walkie-talkie. The method to use this feature is very simple you just have to follow two ways pressing and releasing. If you want to say something then you have to unmute the microphone by pressing the button and if you don’t want to say anything then you just have to release the button.
This feature has lots of advantages for individual users as well as for organizations. Here below we are discussing the Benefits of this feature for both of them.
Benefits of Skype Push to Talk for individual users
- You can reduce the cost by enabling this feature because of a group of large no. of users can communicate simultaneously.
- You can connect with multiple users at the same time. Up to 249 users can connect at a time in a single channel. You just have to push the button on a mobile for the communication of a large group of users.
- We can do the call management in a good manner. Because all the important contacts of workers or employees are stored in a similar group so that’s why we directly target the group if we want to send any information to them. So there is no wastage of time while sending the pieces of information.
- Any kind of device can be used for the communication purpose. So that’s why it is more flexible to use virtually any device.
- It increases safety and convenience. We don’t specify heavy machinery, only specify hands-free functionality that simplifies calls.
Benefits of Skype Push to talk for business
- By using this feature we can coordinate easily a group of large no. of users. If you have any information related to your business then you can send it into the group of workers. Even you can share every last minute updates.
- Those workers who are in different time zones then we can efficiently handle the communication between them.
- With this feature, we can identify the location of every worker or employee. We can easily know the particular employee’s right place or the right time.
- Anyone can easily involve immediately in any summit whether you are far away or nearer to any summit. You just need to have an internet connection.
- You don’t need to talk on a small call just cut down the small calls. Because no one wants to waste their time on short calls. If you want to talk to someone then you just need to press the button and talk.
How to enable Push to talk feature on windows?
- First, you just have to open Skype on the desktop which is denoted by white’S’ in a blue circle. After installing the Skype you just have to find the start menu to open Skype on a desktop. If you didn’t sign log in to Skype account the first you have to log in with email, phone no, Skype Id.
- Now click on the Tool Menu. Your app setting will be open in a new window by click on the tool menu.
- By clicking on Advanced on the left-hand panel of your options window you can expand sub-categories under it.
- Under the advanced click on Hotkeys.
- Now enable Hotkeys on the top of Hotkeys settings. After enabling this option you can use the shortcut of video or audio calls.
- In the list check the Toggle mute(Push to talk) option.
- selecting the hotkey combination for Push to talk.
- Now click the OK button of blue color.
- Then click on the save button.
- So by selecting the hotkey combination, you can use Push to talk option in your Skype calls.
How to enable Push to talk on Mac?
- First, you need to open the Skype application from the application folder in the Mac operating system. If you are using Skype first time on Mac operating system then you have to log in to Skype.
- Do a random call with someone. Push to talk feature is hidden in the Mac operating system.
- Now press control+option+command+up arrow key that will forward you to Push to talk feature during a call.
- For going back to the normal mode you have to click on the mute option of the microphone.
Thus by enabling the above steps, you can easily enable the push to talk option on your device whether it is windows or mac and can enjoy the speedy and easiest communication with anyone.
So guys, How was the article? As you can see from the above sections that Skype is one of the most popular platforms for communication. It has become the widest platform of communication all over the world. S0 for the communication we don’t need to follow the traditional way of communication. In this way, Skype Push to talk is a feature that makes your communication better. I hope you really liked this article if yes then share it with your friends. If you want any more updates for this article then let me know in the comment section.